Saturday, September 26, 2009

 

SCWCD for JEE5 Certified


Three days back, I cleared Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 (CX-310-083) scoring 85%. As I have mentioned in my previous post this helps me formalizing the knowledge in web component development which I have gained during my career as an IT professional for the past few years. 

In my opinion, SCWCD exam requires you to memorize more syntax compared to SCBCD exam. For example there is plenty of syntax that you have to remember in areas like JSP, JSTL & Custom Tag Development. The knowledge I had in web development for the past few years eased me the process of preparing for the exam. It took me 2-3 months with the tight schedules with my work and family life.

The main source of preparing for the exam was the Head First Servlets and JSP by Bryan Basham, Kathy Sierra, and Bert Bates. Also I used few of mock exams shared by my colleagues. (Thanks guys for sharing). It was fun to revise the lessons on web component development which I had been using for past few years.

I hope to relax for couple of days spending more time with my family before preparing for another certification exam…

Labels: ,


Comments:
Very Encouraging
and good insights..into the exam.....

Can you tell me/us ...... the benefits of doing a certification...

I am an engineering student.......and SCJP 1.6 , this month only......
and I plan to give ...
either
->SCJD OR
->SCWCD and SCBCD.....

can you tell me which path is better........
 
As I have mentioned, there are many advantages for doing certifications. I will mention few;
- you would feel confident of yourself.
- certifications help to structure the knowledge you already have.
- it would encourage you on investigating, studying new things that you would not study in your day to day work.
- it would strengthen you resume.
- good recognition among colleagues. etc.

Since you are still a student, I think you have not had enough experience in JEE. SCWCD & SCBCD mainly focus on JEE. Although, it is not impossible to pass SCWCD or SCBCD exams as a student, I think it is better for you to take the SCJD exam. This would help you to understand and follow the methodologies and concepts used in java. It would be a good start for you in software development.

Good luck for your future...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]